Once you’ve had a properly roasted beet, you’ll love them unconditionally. This is a basic recipe that will show you how to add beets to any meal.
|PRODUCE||Gold Beet, Medium – 2Red Beet, Medium – 2|
|DRY GOODS &|
|Pine Nuts – 1/4 Cup|
|Goat Cheese – 2 Tablespoons|
|Black PepperKosher Salt|
OILS & DRESSINGS
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 TablespoonsWhite Balsamic Vinegar – 2 Tablespoons|
- If you purchased beets with the greens attached, cut the stems off just above the root of the beet and discard.
- Wash beets under cold water to remove any dirt. Peel the beets, then cut off both ends and discard. Cut the beets into 1 inch cubes or wedges and place in a baking dish. (If baking different-colored beets, use two separate dishes.) Wear gloves to prevent staining your hands.
- Drizzle the beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add warm water to the baking dish(es) to come up about 1/4 inch high. Cover tightly with foil.
- Place beets in the preheated oven. Bake until they are tender and pierce easily with a fork, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size. Check them after 25 minutes.
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
- Once pan is warm, add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Keep a close watch and shake pan often to prevent burning.
- Place the beets in a large mixing bowl or serving bowl. Drizzle with white balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Top the beets with crumbled goat cheese and pine nuts.
- Transfer the roasted beets with goat cheese and pine nuts to a serving bowl or dinner plates. Ready to eat!
Don’t forget to PIN THIS recipe on Pinterst.
Recipe copyright © 2012 Cooking Planit. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.