25min prep: 10min cook: 15min
Everyone loves this steakhouse-style salad with the creamy dressing and crispy bacon. The dressing is easy to make in advance to keep in the fridge for a fresh, easy salad fix.Notes:
- This recipe calls for romaine lettuce just to add a bit more nutrient-rich green, but feel free to substitute the traditional crispy iceberg if you prefer.
- Fresh Lemon Juice — 1 Tablespoon
- Hearts Of Romaine Lettuce — 2
- Red Onion — 1⁄4 Cup
Meat & Seafood
- Bacon — 6 Slices
Cheese & Lunchmeat
- Blue Cheese, Crumbled — 1 Cup
Dairy & Eggs
- Buttermilk — 3 Tablespoons
- Sour Cream — 1⁄4 Cup
Spice & Baking
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
- Mayonnaise — 1⁄2 Cup
- Worcestershire Sauce — 1 Teaspoon
- Paper Towels
- Stove Top
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl, Medium
- Saute Pan, Medium
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently fold in crumbled blue cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover the dressing and place in the refrigerator.
- Cut a red onion into 1/4 inch dice to measure the indicated amount.
- Cut the root ends off the romaine hearts. Peel away any bruised outer leaves. Slice in half lengthwise.
- Prepare a plate with layers of paper towels. Set plate near the stove for the bacon.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Once pan is warm, add the bacon and saute until browned and crispy, about 7-10 minutes. Flip halfway through to ensure even cooking. Transfer the cooked bacon to the plate lined with paper towels.
- Lay one half of a romaine heart onto each salad plate. Drizzle the blue cheese dressing over the top.
- Finish each salad by crumbling the bacon over the top, along with the diced red onion and remaining crumbled blue cheese. Serve with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Ready to eat!