Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 37 min
Total Time 42 min
Baked Halibut with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Halibut is a hearty fish that pairs well with strong, fresh flavors, such as this refreshing cilantro vinaigrette.
The halibut will cook quickly in the 400 degree oven. If pairing with another recipe that requires also requires an oven, cook the halibut last. Or, if temperatures are similar, cook together, but keep in mind it might add a few minutes to the cook time.
Created by: Emily Wilson
Tags: Seafood, American, Fish, Dinner Party, Healthy, Easy, Quick & Easy, Fish, Main Dish, Weeknight
- Prep & Cook
- Add to Groceries
Halibut Filets, Skinless
4 (6 Ounces each)
Crushed Red Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Meat & Seafood
Spice & Baking
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
1 Food Processor
1 Mixing Bowl, Small
1 Sheet Pan
- Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
- Smash the garlic under the side of your chef's knife to remove the peel. Place in the bowl of the food processor. Roughly chop the garlic in the food processor.
- Add the cilantro, parsley, crushed red pepper and sherry vinegar to the food processor and roughly chop. Keep the food processor running as you drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the halibut filets flesh, or pretty side up on the parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle each filet evenly with olive oil. Use hands to coat evenly, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut in the preheated oven. Bake until the fish feels firm and the sides look cooked through from top to bottom, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the baked halibut to a serving platter or dinner plates. Top each filet with the cilantro vinaigrette. Ready to serve!