Let Cooking Planit INSPIRE you, help you SHOP, and lower your holiday stress levels by handling the COOKING specifics for you this Thanksgiving. We think about making cooking simple, everyday.
Sweet Potato Hash
This is a great, tasty dish with satisfying, savory flavors.
click to try this step-by-step recipe on Cooking Planit
The Cooking Planit App makes holiday shopping and cooking effortless.
(see iPhone & iPad CP app in iTunes store)
|PRODUCE||Fresh Thyme – 2 TeaspoonParsnips – 2Sweet Potato, Large – 1White Onion – 1/3 Cup|
|Butter, Unsalted, Optional – 1 Tablespoon|
|DRY GOODS &|
|Walnuts, Raw And Crumbled – 1/4 Cup|
|SPICE & BAKING||Black PepperKosher Salt|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 Tablespoons|
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch cubes. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Peel parsnips and cut into a 1/4 inch dice. Add to the sweet potatoes.
- Cut an onion into 1/4 inch dice to measure the indicated amount.
- Pick thyme leaves off the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and warm.
- Once oil is hot, add the onion and cook until slightly caramelized.
- Add parsnips, sweet potatoes and chopped thyme to the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until potatoes and parsnips are softened and caramelized, about 8-12 minutes. Stir often.
- Once potatoes and parsnips are caramelized, add the butter. Toss to coat as the butter melts. Remove pan from heat and cover loosely with foil.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish or dinner plates. Serve warm.
Don’t forget to PIN THIS recipe on Pinterst.
Check out the Thanksgiving Inspirations page or check out Cooking Planit for many more chef-tested recipes with step-by-step guidance. Sign up is free.