Spice up dinner with this easy take on tasty Thai food.
This dish is best served over rice (try our Ginger Rice with Peas) or rice noodles.
Created by: Emily Wilson
Tags: Thai, Shellfish, Dinner Party, Easy, Main Dish, Romantic, Seafood, Healthy, Weeknight, Quick & Easy, Onion, Fish, Soy
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Shrimp, 11-15, Peeled And Deveined
1 1/4 Pounds
- Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- Thai Red Curry Paste
- Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Fish Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Paper Towels
- 1 Stove Top
- Can Opener
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Mixing Bowl, Small
- 1 Saute Pan, Medium
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Zester
- Zest a lemon to measure the indicated amount.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice into a small bowl to measure the indicated amount.
- Open the can of coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Pick cilantro leaves off the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add vegetable oil and warm.
- Once oil is hot, add Thai red curry paste. Toast until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk in coconut milk. Add lemon zest, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the thickened coconut mixture. Cook until the shrimp are pink, about 4-6 minutes. Flip halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Stir the cilantro into the shrimp and red curry sauce.
- Scoop the shrimp in red curry into soup bowls and serve warm over rice or rice noodles!