11min prep: 6min cook: 5min
Truly elegant without any fuss, this salad impresses guests and taste buds.Notes:
- I like to use a creamy blue cheese for this salad, such as Gorgonzola Dolce. But it’s the perfect time to experiment with more exotic varieties too, if your guests are up for it.
- Baby Spinach — 4 Ounces
- Fresh Figs — 8
Cheese & Lunchmeat
- Blue Cheese, Crumbled — 1⁄3 Cup
Dry Goods & Packaged Goods
- Pistachios, Unsalted — 1⁄3 Cup
Spice & Baking
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
- Apple Cider Vinegar — 2 Tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil — 1 Tablespoon
- Honey — 2 Tablespoons
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl, Large
- Mixing Bowl, Medium
- Mix together honey and apple cider vinegar in a medium mixing bowl. Slowly drizzle the olive oil in, while whisking continuously, to create a honey vinaigrette.
- Slice the figs in half or in quarters.
- If you purchased whole pistachios, roughly chop them to measure the indicated amount, then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the baby spinach in the bowl of pistachios.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the bowl of spinach and pistachios. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with honey vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- You can toss the figs in with the salad and transfer everything to a large serving bowl. Or, place 2 figs’ worth of halves or quarters on each dinner plate, then place a large bundle of spinach, blue cheese and pistachios on top. Ready to eat!