42min prep: 5min cook: 37min
Halibut is a hearty fish that pairs well with strong, fresh flavors, such as this refreshing cilantro vinaigrette.Notes:
- The halibut will cook quickly in the 400 degree oven. If pairing with another recipe that also requires an oven, cook the halibut last. Or, if temperatures are similar, cook together, but keep in mind it might add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Fresh Cilantro — 1⁄2 Cup
- Fresh Parsley — 1⁄4 Cup
- Garlic — 1 Clove
Meat & Seafood
- Halibut Filets, Skinless — 4 ( 6 Ounces each )
Spice & Baking
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper — 1⁄2 Teaspoon
- Kosher Salt
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil — 6 Tablespoons
- Sherry Vinegar — 1 Tablespoon
- Parchment Paper
- Food Processor
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl, Small
- Sheet Pan
- Prepare a food processor with the blade attachment.
- Smash the garlic under the side of your chef’s knife to remove the peel. Place in the bowl of the food processor. Roughly chop the garlic in the food processor.
- Add the cilantro, parsley, crushed red pepper and sherry vinegar to the food processor and roughly chop. Keep the food processor running as you drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until well combined. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the halibut filets flesh, or pretty side, up on the parchment-lined sheet pan. Drizzle each filet with olive oil. Use hands to coat evenly, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut in the preheated oven. Bake until the fish feels firm and the sides look cooked through from top to bottom, approximately [10-12 minutes].
- Transfer the baked halibut to a serving platter or dinner plates. Top each filet with the cilantro vinaigrette. Ready to serve!