Prep Time 7 min
Cook Time 22 min
Total Time 29 min
Kale and Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Everyone loves bruschetta. Adding kale ups the health factor and makes this dish hearty, delicious and even more beautiful.
Parmesan cheese is totally optional. Balsamic syrup would also add a great finishing flavor to the bruschetta, if desired.
Created by: Emily Wilson
Tags: Wheat/Gluten, Wheat/Gluten, Italian, Side Dish, Appetizer, Bread, Dinner Party, Brunch, Gourmet, Healthy, Quick & Easy, Weeknight, Romantic
- Prep & Cook
- Add to Groceries
Parmesan Cheese, Grated, Optional
Individual Ciabatta Loaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cheese & Lunchmeat
Bread & Bakery
Spice & Baking
Condiments, Oils & Dressings
1 Stove Top
1 Mixing Bowl, Large
1 Pastry Brush
1 Saute Pan, Large (12" Or Larger)
1 Sheet Pan
- Separate the leaves of kale from the stems and tear into bite-sized pieces. Discard the stems. Soak the leaves in a large bowl of cold water.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half to measure indicated amount.
- Slice garlic cloves in half through the root. Remove peel.
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch thick rounds for 1-2 per person, depending on the size of the loaf. Lay on a sheet pan.
- Lift the kale out of the water and dry thoroughly. If there was a lot of grit left in the bowl, repeat the soaking process until water is clean.
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Brush bread slices with olive oil. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and warm.
- Once oil is warm, add cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, then cook until tender and juices are released in the pan, about 3-5 minutes. Stir often.
- Place bread under the preheated broiler. Toast until golden brown and crispy, about 2-4 minutes.
- Add kale to tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine all ingredients, then cook until kale is slightly wilted and tender, just a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- After bread is removed from the broiler, rub each slice with the cut side of the garlic cloves.
- Transfer toasted bread to serving platter or dinner plates. Divide kale and tomato mixture among each slice and pile on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Ready to eat!